Anonymous
Following on from the Brian May post I have completed the layout of Anita Dobson. Basically red and black with some bling it is a simple layout.  The pattern paper was from a DCWV stack and the swirls were Prima crystals. Red and black layered flowers with brad centres. I bought a box frame which was a natural wood colour and I wasn't that keen on it so I painted it white, put a layer of crackle glaze on the white, let it dry and then put a coat of black paint on top to produce the crackle effect. I finished off with a coat of varnish I found in a tin in the shed lol. Here is the result. Its not a good photo as I kept getting glare from the glass so I had to take it at an odd angle - but you get the idea.

I just hope that Helen likes it.

5 Responses
  1. Really beautiful and a great way to preserve the treasure you have collected :)


  2. KraftyKaren Says:

    I am sure she will love it - it is absolutely stunning in the flesh.


  3. Lynn Says:

    This is brilliant Jill and so much better IRL, loved watching you create it.


  4. Linda Says:

    Didnt see the frame but the LO was stunning Jill. I'm sure she'll love it and give you more commissions!


  5. Anita Says:

    Totally gorgeous, so very elegant and striking. Love how you ended up doing the frame,beautiful. I bet your friend with be thrilled to bits with it..xx


Post a Comment