Anonymous
Do you ever get a tune stuck in your head? I had an email this morning from a supplier about the new SEI range called 'Juliet'. This immediately brought to mind a song from way back in the Sixties by the Four Pennies called 'Juliet'. And this has been going round and round in my head all day. Unfortunately I can only remember the first 4 lines of the song so its getting a bit strained now lol

Last weekend was crop weekend. 2 different groups on Saturday and Sunday. Its always a pleasure to crop with these girls and I like to see what they achieve. On Saturday I was a bit under the weather and did nothing all day but sit and chat and watch the others work. But on Sunday I thought I had best knuckle down and get something done. I only managed one layout and finished another that I had started at Debden. Because of my bad back, the car still hasn't been unloaded from a month ago and I still have the 28 kits that I made up with the good intention of doing them at Debden.

Spooky, is a photo of my granddaughter, Natalie, and her (ex) boyfriend Ross. The cardstock is from the October Monthly Bazzill Kit, some paper from the Basic Grey Erie Collection and the bats were cut from a Bazzill Just the Edge Halloween pack. Title, rub ons and buttons from Basic Grey Erie again and pearls and crystals from the Prima e-line range. I put the imitation purple nail heads around the edge of the festive eyelet cardstock. Heidi Swapp green flowers with some of the new Prima centres. I love these centres.


Next door have moved all of the cockerels, thank goodness, and the silence is heaven. Just a few quacks from the dozen ducks still left there. Their pond is a couple of bakers trays filled with muddy water. There is only enough room for one duck at a time and this causes a few squabbles.

Bazzill cardstock with Basic Grey Mellow paper. The title was cut on the Cricut using the Storybook cartridge and I dotted crystals along the letters. Jewel brads in the centre of the flowers and some small pearls along the sides.



7 Responses
  1. Fabby layouts Jill....glad the cockerels have gone :)


  2. Anita Says:

    Absolutely stunning Jill, lovely to see the Halloween one finished and I am so glad you felt well enough to scrap on Sunday ((hugs)) I love all the blingy bits and little bats on the top one, look forwards to seeing that IRL on weds hopefully.
    Loving the duck one too, LOL at them in the bakers tray though, I reckon they would look better in the stewing pot ;)
    So glad the chickens went too, did you tell them to 'cluck off'? he!he!he!


  3. Lynn Says:

    Loved watching you create these pages Jill. Love the colours of the Halloween kit, such a great idea.
    Lynn x


  4. Lynn Says:

    Would these be the words Jill?

    THERE WAS A LOVE,I KNEW BEFORE
    SHE BROKE MY HEART,LEFT ME UNSURE
    JULIET,DONT FORGET
    THE PROMISE YOU MADE,I NEED NEVER BE AFRAID
    THINGS YOU DO,REMINISCENT OF YOU

    JULIET,WHEN WE,WHEN WE MET
    YOU GAVE ME,SWEET MEMORIES
    THINGS YOU DO REMINISCENT OF YOU

    THERE WAS A LOVE I KNEW BEFORE
    SHE BROKE MY HEART,LEFT ME UNSURE
    JULIET,DONT YOU,OH DONT YOU LET
    MY LOVE GO ASTRAY,IN THIS WAY
    JULIE,JULIE,JULIE,OH JULIE
    OH MY JULIET,JULIE OH JULIE,
    OH MY JULIET...FADES...


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Oh dear Lynn - now I will never get tghis out of my head lol

    They certainly don't write them like that anymore lol


  6. Linda Says:

    Fab LO Jill, colours work really well.
    Poor Ducks though, perhaps a new use for the pool? :)


  7. Great LOs, Jill. Nice to see Natalie having fun too.
    I do feel for those ducks. Surely it wouldn't put them out too much to provide a proper pond for them? Even a child's rigid paddling pool would do the trick!
    I used to be ever so slightly in love with Lionel Morton - the lead singer of the Four Pennies. Sigh ....


Post a Comment