Anonymous
Most people know about the Cricut. In case you don't (and I apologise if I am teaching my grandmother to suck eggs) it is a portable electronic die cutting machine. There are 3 types available - the original Cricut mostly called 'The Bug' , the Cricut Create, the latest model, and the larger Cricut Expression.



The idea is that you put a cartridge in a slot on the front of the machine, type in your title or the shape that you want from the cartridge, load the paper or cardstock and just press the cut button. And hey presto - a perfect title or shape in seconds. There are well over 80 different cartridges and although they are not cheap you do get a lot of different choices on a cartridge.



The Expression will cut from 0.25 inches to 23.5 inches depending on the size of the mat you put in the machine. It will cut portrait and landscape and doesn't have to be connected to a computer. It comes with 2 cartridges, Plantain Schoolbook which is a font, and Accent Essentials which is a shape cartridge.



The Bug is the smaller machine with not so many features, but the cartridges can be used in all machines, and will cut from 1 inch to 5.5 inches high and 11.5 inches long. This one comes with the George font cartridge and at the moment has the Design Studio programme included in the package. So if you just want a basic machine this is good value.



The latest is the Cricut Create. the same size as the Bug but has more features like portrait mode so that you can cut tall letters, and Auto Fill mode if you want to mass produce images, Flip function to make opposing images, and Centre Point function. This one comes with the Don Juan font cartridge.



These little machines are ideal for both scrapbookers and cardmakers alike. My favourite cartridges are Storybook, Accent Essentials and Base Camp. These are the first ones I turn to and I really must look seriously at broadening my ideas base.



As money is tight at the best of times, let alone with all the current financial problems, (have you noticed that they talk in billions of pounds losses now and no longer in millions?)we have decided that if anyone would like a machine then they can pay in up to 4 instalments and we will send the machine upon receipt of the last payment. This applies to any item, and if you need something that we don't have in stock we can get it for you.



This is the Cricut Create machine:


3 Responses
  1. Kim Sonksen Says:

    Well, I can only say that it is TOTALLY your fault that I bought myself one of these babies. Ever since I tried it at our private crop (when was that, like 2 million years ago?? LOL) I wanted it. So, I bought it and never looked back. A MUST have for every seriously addicted crafter


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Aaah but its a great machine isn't it Kimmy - and you don't regret it do you lol.
    Be nice to see you agian if ever you are over here.


  3. Lynn Says:

    Mmmmm............., still wondering whether to get one, useful article Jill. Once I decide then I have to make a decision as to which one to get!! Very impressed with what I have see so far.


Post a Comment