Anonymous
I was reprimanded by Tina last night at our Scrapbooking class. She said my blog had cobwebs all over it. I must confess that I did feel a tad guilty. No excuses as usual but things have been happening in my life of late and I never know what to put on a blog. And also I have lost my mojo for the last few months. i have not done a scrapbook page nor made a card since October last year.

I have a great grandson now. Not something that I want to shout about as it makes me sound, look and be old. But I have to say that  Oliver is just the cutest little thing. He smiles happily at me which goes a long way to softening this hardened old heart.

Anyway my friend Liz and I were talking a couple of weeks ago and discovered that we would both like to do Quilting. She has a new grandson born a few days before Oliver and we rather fancied making a quilt for the babies. We went off to Ardingly last Sunday to the Quilt Show. What an eye opener. We did buy a few bits and pieces and a pattern or two....... We also found a lady who has a Quilting class on Tuesday mornings here in Polegate. As the shop is closed on Tuesday and Liz can change her days off we were invited to go along next Tuesday for coffee and to meet the ladies and see if we would like to join the class. So that is a definate date.

We also took a stroll around the Quilt Gallery upstairs. My word. The workmanship of these quilts was stunning and we stood open mouthed as we went from one fantastic quilt to another. We got talking to one lady whose quilts were on show. Her work was absolutely amazing. She has a website http://www.anjatownrow.com/ but the site does not do justice to the colours and workmanship of her quilts.

 We are off to Blue Water this weekend and armed with a list of things that we need we will probably be bankrupt by Sunday night.

So hopefully I have the impetus now to update this blog with news on all sorts of subjects.

bye for now
6 Responses
  1. KraftyKaren Says:

    Looking forward to seeing what you both make and I now know whose brains to pick as I have a quilt half constructed that needs to be finished LOL!!

    Karen x


  2. Linda Says:

    May see you there or you can pop by for a cuppa :)


  3. Anita Says:

    Oh wow Jill, sounds like you are both going to have fun with this. I really look forward to following the progress of both your quilts. Have a fab time at Bluewater..xxxx


  4. Lynn Says:

    Sounds like a great idea, there is a fanastic shop in Wickham Market, Suffolk near our house. They do classes there too. Enjoy Bluewater and the craft fair.


  5. Alison Says:

    So lovely to have a friend to take forward into this new area - we need to see some photos of Oliver though!


  6. liz Says:

    Sorry Jill, like you I have been very slack re blogging and reading everyone else's blogs, so only just picked up on yours. Yes we had a brilliant time at Ardingly - as you say the workmanship and designs were staggering. If we're able to achieve anything like their standard we'll be over the moon! Unfortunately because of the snow we didn't get to Bluewater nor have we yet managed to see the lady in Polegate because of prior commitments, but neither of us can wait to get started!! x


Post a Comment