Anonymous

The Three Witches. Your choice of title.

Yesterday we had a stall at the Dickensian Fayre in Polegate. Quite a lively affair as it turns out. I didn't know there were that many people in Polegate. The queue for Santa reached along from the Council Offices (where we had our stall) to the Railway Crossing. There was a choir, mini train rides for the kids, Roasted Chestnuts and Morris Dancers. We were asked to dress in Dickensian Costume but not many of us did, sadly. We looked a right load of twits I have to say, but the Bonnet and Cape suited Angie. Liz was not too impressed with her lace cap. It was bitterky cold and Angie gave up after a while and went back to open up the shop again. Liz and I braved it, along with her grandchildren Chloe and Emily, but after they went I was so cold my fingers turned white so I must admit I didn;t see it through to the end.

here are some of the pictures:

Angie in her bonnet
me looking like Mrs Squeers
lesley from the Newsagents in my wee Willie Winkie nightie
Obviously the Morris Dancers.
+
10 Responses
  1. You certainly looked the part, Jill. LOL I hadn't realised it was outside - no wonder you were cold. x


  2. Lynn Says:

    Looks great fun Jill. Shame it was so cold. I can see some layouts in the making here. x


  3. Linda Says:

    Lol! Looks like great fun :)

    You do look a little chilled though.
    x


  4. KraftyKaren Says:

    Brrrrr I did think of you yesterday - I suppose the only blessing was that it didn't rain. Shame more people didn't dress up but yes Polegate is a pretty busy place and I am glad so many people turned up. You all look great!!!


  5. Anita Says:

    oh Jill! You look frozen....but WHAT fun! I think you all looked the part, I just wish I hadn't been in Suffolk as I would have loved to have come along with the girls. Can't wait to see the layouts! xxxx


  6. Karen Says:

    Love the outfits Jill and well done for braving the cold.


  7. liz Says:

    Lovely pictures Jill except for the one with me in!! It was flippin' cold wasn't it? There certainly were lots of people though. I should think the organisers were pleased anyway. xxx


  8. liz Says:

    Just realised your comment about witches - cheeky mare!! x


  9. Sandra Says:

    Looks like you had fun. Can't wait to see the layouts.
    Sandra x


  10. Cracking costumes Jill well done to you all for sticking it out :)


Post a Comment